After the first of many enjoyable rides on your Harley Sportster you will probably be curious about how to polish Harley Sportster Chrome? If this is your first purchase of a Harley Davidson Sportster you will probably be cleaning it often to show off your beautiful ride. The truth is that you don’t polish chrome, you clean it, but the terms are often interchangeable with most owners. For the purposes of this article we will refer to it as polishing. There are many techniques and polishes that can be used and only experience will define what you prefer. Here is a simple guide to get you started with the task of polishing the chrome on a Harley Davidson Sportster.
What you will need to polish Harley Sportster chrome:
- Chrome polish
- Two Cotton cloths
- Optional: Polish soaked cloth strips
This process is universal on almost any chrome surface for polishing with one exception. Be cautious with chrome covered plastic because it is not as durable as chromed steel.
- The first step is to thoroughly clean the entire motorcycle before waxing or polishing. There are specialty products for washing a motorcycle however, warm soap and water works well. If that fails mix vinegar with some chrome cleanser.
- Dry off the surfaces of the motorcycle thoroughly with a clean cotton cloth or chamois. Make sure that any remaining water is removed from all surfaces.
- Follow the instructions from the chrome polish container. With a damp cotton cloth, apply the cleaner / polish to one area of the Sportster chrome on your Harley. Use a circular motion when applying the chrome polish.
- With a dry cotton cloth, immediately begin rubbing and polishing the area you have just cleaned. Your polished Sportster chrome will now have a brilliant, beautiful shine to be proud of.
- Continue with steps three and four until all chrome surfaces on your Harley Sportster have been polished to a mirror finish.
- Don’t forget to admire your handiwork intensely. Sometimes showcasing your Harley Davidson Sportster on the front lawn or driveway can create a sense of satisfaction and pride among Harley Sportster owners.
- Use quality cotton cloths instead of the bulk bargain clothes. You will thank yourself later.
- Rims with spokes can be tedious to polish. Polish soaked cloth strips can be purchased that make this part of the job easier.
- Do not polish chromed plastic. This would be rare on a Harley Davidson but as a general rule do not polish it. It can damage the surface.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.