How To Polish Platinum Jewelry
Knowing how to polish platinum jewelry is an important part of maintaining your jewelry for the long term. Fortunately, platinum jewelry is very easy to care for, and you don't need any expensive tools to polish platinum jewelry. With a few basic household items, you can polish platinum jewelry and keep it looking brand new.
To polish platinum jewelry, you will need:
- Dish soap
- A small bowl
- A soft-bristle toothbrush
- Paper towels
- A make-up brush
- A soft cloth
- A buffing cloth
- Mix a few drops of a mild dish soap and two cups of warm water in a small bowl. Stir the two ingredients with your fingertips to make sure they are well-blended.
- Brush away any dirt and debris using a soft-bristle brush. An unused make-up brush should work well for this purpose.
- Place your platinum jewelry in the dish of soapy water. Let your platinum jewelry soak for about a minute.
- Remove your platinum jewelry from the soapy water. Use a soft-bristle toothbrush to gently scrub any spots that are tarnished or greasy.
- Put your platinum jewelry back in the soapy water for another minute. Remove it from the soapy water and rinse it under a stream of cold water.
- Place your platinum jewelry on a clean, soft cloth and allow it to air dry. When your platinum jewelry is dry, use a soft buffing cloth to polish away any water spots.
For general maintenance, remove your platinum jewelry before washing dishes, cleaning, bathing, gardening and while applying perfume or cologne. This will prevent unnecessary wear and tear and keep your jewelry cleaner between polishings.