Polishing a platinum ring can be done a couple of ways. You can do it yourself or you can go to a professional. Either way, it's pretty simple.
What you need to polish a platinum ring:
- Baking soda
- Jewelry cleaner
- Soft cloth or polishing rag
- Is your platinum ring clean? Before you can polish it, you have to clean your ring. A polished ring will still look dirty if it is dirty. All the filth must be cleaned off the ring before you begin.
- Use jewelry cleaner. Get some jewelry cleaner. You can purchase this for a small price wherever they sell jewelry. Find the cleaner that specifies platinum. Read the directions and follow the instructions.
- Clean your platinum yourself. Find some baking soda or toothpaste. Both products work equally as well. Take a toothbrush and scrub the ring clean with the household product of your choice. A toothbrush is good for getting in the grooves. You will see the toothbrush start to turn brown or black. This is the dirt and grime coming off your platinum ring.
- Rinse the ring. Hold the platinum ring in one hand and the toothbrush in the other. Under running water, scrub the product off your ring. Pay attention to getting into the grooves with the bristles of the toothbrush. Your platinum ring should be shiny again.
- Use WD-40 as a platinum polisher. WD-40 has many peculiar uses other than fixing things in the garage. It is actually a very good jewelry cleaner and polisher in one. Spray it directly on your platinum ring and rub it in with your fingers. After a few minutes rinse it off under running water.
- Buff your platinum ring. Take a dry soft cloth or polishing rag. Place the ring in the rag and rub it around in your fingers. You are actually buffing the platinum. After a few minutes you are done and your platinum ring is polished.
- Go to a professional. If you don't want to clean and polish your platinum ring yourself, then take it to a jeweler. Jewelers are professionals that will absolutely take care of your beautiful jewelry without any stress to you. It may cost you a little bit of money, but after all… it is platinum!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.