How To Post On Craigslist
If you’ve got something you want to sell, then you may be interested in learning how to post on Craigslist. Craigslist can get your ad a lot of attention and potential buyers, and you can even create an ad for free (as opposed to eBay or another online marketplace)! If you’re ready to post on Craigslist and begin the process of selling whatever you have, read on!
To post on Craigslist, you will need:
- An internet connection and computer
- A Craigslist account (one can be made for free on the site)
- Something to sell
- Once you’ve made your Craigslist account, make sure that you are logged in and at the homepage. Looking at the top left hand corner, you’ll see the word, “Craigslist,” and just below it, there will be a link labeled, “post to classifieds.” Click this link.
- Specify what type of posting you’re going to put up. There are all sorts of things that can be sold or offered on this website, but in your case, you’re probably going to want to choose “for sale.” Select “Continue.”
- Select the category that your posting will go in. There are many to choose from, so read them carefully to find the one that best fits your needs.
- Begin creating your ad. You will need to specify the title of your post, your location (so that buyers can get an idea of how far they’d have to travel for the item), your email address so that buyers can contact you, and a description. Be sure to check for grammar errors and typos, and try to add photos to make the post more enticing for those who normally wouldn’t buy based on a text ad. Make sure you leave the last box unchecked and select “Continue.”
- You’ll get to see a preview of your ad before posting. Instead of skipping over it and selecting “Continue,” look it over for any errors and even have a friend read it. Once you’re ready, select, “Continue.”
- You may have to do a phone authorization before your ad is published. This is sometimes the case for new users and it may even be randomized. It is used to keep spam out of the marketplace and keep the ads as legitimate as possible.
- Once you’re finished, your ad should be published! You can log into to check your ad, and once buyers are interested, they will send emails to question your ad. You can delete the ad from any time from your account settings and even post more ads!