Start your breakdance off right by learning how to power step hop. The power step hop move is part of the top rock series of moves, performed as the dancer begins his set. The power step hop is done while the dancer is still standing and shouldn't be confused with power moves such as windmilling or the coffee grinder, where the dancer is on the floor, spinning his body in a circle. Learning top rock steps such as the power step hop is a great way to introduce yourself to breakdance moves. Keep in mind that the power step hop is just one part of your top rock routine and that you need to top rock before hitting the floor or else your dance won't be complete.
- Stand with your legs shoulder width apart and your arms at your sides. Swing your arms back behind you while you swing your right leg over your left.
- Hop in the air slightly as you bring your right leg back to the starting position. Swing your arms to your front.
- Bring your left foot out and over your right foot. Send your arms back behind your body.
- Hop in the air again and bring your left leg back to the starting position. Bring your arms out in front.
- Continue to power step hop as long as you like. To have a complete top rock routine, you should combine the power step hop with other moves such as the uprock, four corners or power circle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.