How To Prepare For An Adult Soccer Tryout
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to prepare for an adult soccer tryout. Preparation is essential in achieving great results when trying out for an adult soccer team.
- One of the most important steps when preparing for an adult soccer tryout is engaging in a regular running routine. For best results, run between two and three miles four times per week for a couple of months before the tryout. Break the runs up into two categories--speed runs and agility runs. Use two of the training days to simply run the miles as fast as possible. The other two days should be run with a soccer ball. Kick the soccer ball along with you as you run the miles. This will help improve your ball handling skills.
- Lift weights on a regular basis (at least twice a week). Make sure to do both upper and lower body weight exercises in order to improve your kicking and throwing distances by the time of the tryout.
- Practice passing the soccer ball. Paint a small spot on a tree, fence, or wall, and try to kick the ball directly onto the spot. If you don't want to do this, try to convince a friend to come over and be your training buddy.
- Play as much soccer as you can. Practice makes perfect—and the more you can practice playing soccer, the better your will be come tryout time.
- Obtain complete information about the time and location of the tryout. Nothing looks worse than showing up to an important event late.
Posted on: Jun. 25, 2010