How To Prepare For Basic Life Support Courses
Need to know how to prepare for basic life support courses? The Basic Life Support course is designed to educate people by providing proper techniques for treating victims with life-threatening injuries. The course teaches professionals how to resuscitate injured victims suffering from circulatory arrest. It also teaches them how to prevent the condition from occurring. The course also covers proper procedure for dealing with external bleeding, choking and shock. You will also learn how to use an AED.
To prepare for basic life support courses, you will need:
- CPR certification
- First aid training certification
- Enroll in a basic life support course. Find a certified school to teach you the basics of life support. Most schools charge a small fee, usually less than $100, for a basic life support course. Make sure the center is authorized to teach the course by the American Heart Association. You don't want to waste your money and time attending a course that is not recognized.
- It is recommended that you be certified in CPR and first aid. It will be helpful if you understand these basic life-saving procedures for emergency situations.
- The BLS course is for professionals in the healthcare field. You should have some experience in the medical field or law enforcement field prior to attending the BLS course. Police officers and fire fighters are often required to take the course.
- Study the course material. You can purchase the basic life saving course manual or instructional video to study before the course. The course is usually four-and-a-half hours long. Pay attention to all the material covered. You will need to pass an exam before you are issued your course completion card.