They are the ultimate guy’s party recipe, and learning how to prepare beef cocktail franks is easier than you may think. They are small, easy to cook, and go great with a cold beer. The secret to preparing these bite size snacks lies only in the quality of ingredients you select. All beef hot dogs provide the best flavor, and using a cresent roll as the dough provides ample flavor and flakiness, without the confusion of preparing your own dough.
To prepare beef cocktail franks, you will need:
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can sauerkraut
- 1 can beer
- 1 package of Bacon
- 8 cans crescent rolls, about 60
- 2 packages of Beef Franks, about 20
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4-1/3 cup sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Mix mustard, sour cream and dill together in a small bowl. Cover and set in fridge until ready to serve.
- Combine beer, sauerkraut and all its juices into a slow cooker that is set to a high setting. Add onions and chunks of bacon. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut beef franks in thirds. Take the 60 cocktail franks and add them to the simmering mixture in the crock-pot. Reduce heat to medium, and cook covered for four hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 400. Prepare two baking sheets with wax paper.
- Lay crescent roll dough flat, and separate the strips. Place cooked beef cocktail franks in the crescent rolls and then wrap the dough around the frank. Brush each roll with a little melted butter.
- Bake beef cocktail franks for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Fill a bowl with sauerkraut and bacon as well as juices from the crack-pot.
- Serve beef cocktail franks with both the mustard sauce and the sauerkraut. Enjoy with a cold beer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.