How To Prepare For First Time Skydiving Experience
Learn how to prepare for first time skydiving experience before strapping on the parachute. Your first adventure in the sky can bring simultaneous feelings of excitement and nerves. Becoming practically and mentally prepared will help make your inaugural skydive both safe and memorable.
- Determine why you want to go skydiving. Most first-time skydivers get nervous. Knowing why you want to make this jump can pull you through the doubt once you find yourself on the plane. Consider composing a short manta to encourage you, such as "life isn't meaningful when lived in fear."
- Research skydiving safety before scheduling an appointment. Knowing the risks and safety procedures will help you make an informed decision, and it will ease your mind to know how many people have made this jump before you, and survived scratch free.
- Choose what kind of jump you want try. Not all skydiving jumps are the same. Many people choose the tandem method for their first skydiving experience. For this jump you will be attached to an instructor who will handle releasing the parachute for you. This is the easiest jump for a nervous skydiver.
- Make a list of questions to ask your skydiving instructor. Don't be too embarrassed to speak up. The more knowledge you have, the more comfortable you will be jumping from the plane.
- Stay flexible on the day of your first skydiving experience. Skydiving safety can often rely on the weather, so although it's important to show up on time for your appointment, your jump might need to be pushed back. Don't try to schedule multiple events on the same day. Just sit back and enjoy your first skydiving experience.