How to prepare for getting your first tattoo is something that many first time clients have asked. Being prepared well before you enter the tattoo shop can save you time and disappointment.
- Choose a design. The first step in preparing to get your first tattoo is to pick a design. This tattoo will be on your body for the rest of your life so choose carefully. If you are undecided on a design then you can browse the Internet for various tattoo designs or you can have an artist create a custom design just for you.
- Do your research. Find out as much information you can about having a tattoo. Talk to friends who have tattoos and talk to tattoo artists about how to take care of tattoos and what to do if a problem arises. Also thoroughly research licensed tattoo shops in your area and read their customer reviews.
- Schedule your appointment. Once you have chosen a tattoo shop to go to, you will need to call or stop by to schedule your appointment. Many tattoo shops do not require an appointment, but it's always best to call beforehand just to make sure the shop is open and available to give you your tattoo.
- Prepare your body. Before going to get your first tattoo make sure that you have had something to eat. Many people let nerves keep them from eating which puts them at a higher risks for fainting. Although the tattoo artist will clean your skin beforehand it is still wise to bath before going to get your tattoo since the tattoo artist's face will be close to your body.
- Have your materials ready. Make sure before you leave to get your tattoo that you have your photo ID with birth date printed on the card. You will also need your tattoo design and money the cover the full cost of the tattoo.
- Arrive on time. Many tattoo shops only allow for a few minutes of delay before you have to reschedule. If the shop is full and others are waiting your appointment slot may be given away if you do not show up on time.
- Relax. Getting a tattoo can be scary and exhilarating all at the same time. Many tattoo shops allow you to bring at least one friend for moral support. If you feel yourself getting nervous just take a few deep breaths and try to think calming thoughts. You will soon have your amazing tattoo to show off to all of your friends.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.