If your doctor has recommended you have a scrotal procedure, then you need to know how to prepare for scrotal surgery. A doctor might recommend you have scrotal surgery if a mass is discovered in your scrotum. Some of the reasons for a mass in the scrotum are: Hydrocele, which is caused by too much fluid forming in the testicles; Spermatocele, when a duct becomes blocked which stops sperm from passing; Varicocele, occurs when the veins that drain the testicles become dilated or a tumor, which can be either a benign or malignant cancerous mass. These are the basic guidelines to getting ready for scrotal surgery. Your doctor will have more specific instructions that you will need to follow.
Things you will need to prepare for scrotal surgery:
- A razor
- Shaving gel
- A shower or bath
- Mild soap
- First shave the groin, scrotum and base of the penis. The best time to do this is the night before your surgery to give and skin irritation that might occur time to ease.
- Do not eat after midnight on the night before your procedure. It can also be recommended that you do not eat heavily the day before your surgery. Depending on the procedure, your doctor might also set a cut off for liquids.
- Take a bath or shower the morning before the procedure. Use a mild or sensitive soap to wash the scrotal area. Do not scrub too hard since the skin will be sensitive from being newly shaven.
- Take all routine a.m. medication at 6 a.m. Check with your doctor about taking any medications, even if they are over-the-counter medications. Your doctor might also have special medications he wants you to take the morning of your scrotal surgery. Patients that are on diabetic or blood thinning medications should check with their doctor about stopping them.
- Arrange for a competent adult to take you to the surgery and to stay with you afterwards. You will not be able to drive after the surgery. You will also need to stay in bed for at least the rest of the day of the surgery.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?