Have you ever created a work of art with playdough and wished that you knew how to preserve playdough figures? If so, then you can with these easy steps. Keep those figures just the way they are without the hassle of figuring it out again and again. Playdough can be pretty annoying since it's so easy to destroy a masterpiece.
Things you will need:
- Cookie sheet or flat pan
- Take a strip of foil and place it on a cookie sheet or flat pan. Be sure that the foil outlines the whole interior of the pan. Choose pan sizes based on the size of your Playdough figure. Choosing a pan that is too small could result in a defective figure after it is preserved.
- Set the figure on the foiled cookie sheet. Whether you want your Playdough figure to stand up or lie down, place the figure just the way you would want it to be preserved. Also, be sure to be extra careful while placing your figure on the cookie sheet since Playdough is fragile.
- Set your oven to 200 degrees and place the cookie sheet in the oven. Placing the Playdough figure in the oven will absorb moisture from the Playdough. That will make the preserving process faster. Let the figure bake for only ten minutes. Also, to make more room for a standing figure, then you could adjust oven racks to the desired levels. Note that if your figure is too tall, then you would have to try another method to preserve.
- Turn the oven off. Once the ten minute baking time has passed, then turn the oven completely off. Do not remove the cookie sheet or figure from the oven. Let them stay in the oven overnight.
- Remove the figure from the oven. The next day it is safe to remove the preserved figure from the oven. Everything should be dried up and hardened. You are safe to place the figure anywhere you like except for cool and damp places.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.