Want to know how to prevent a heart attack? Heart disease, mainly heart attacks are the number one leading cause of death in both men and women. This can be a frightening statistic for those that are worried about their own health and what type of risk they might be at to have a heart attack. The good news is that there are steps that can be taken to preventing a heart attack from happening. Here are some tips to preventing a heart attack.
- Change ones eating habits. This is probably the biggest step to preventing heart attacks from occurring. Choosing a diet that is low in fats and rich in foods that contain vitamins and antioxidants will help to prevent an attack from occurring. This does not mean cut all these foods out completely but eat high fat foods in moderation. Heart attacks are usually caused by high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol. By making the switch to a healthier diet will naturally start to lower the blood pressure or cholesterol and allow one less risk of a heart attack from being present.
- Cut back on salt and sodium intake. Although a food may not taste salty it may contain a high amount of sodium in it. Keep track of how much sodium is being taken in as sodium can raise one's blood pressure and cholesterol. Some foods have hidden sodium in them, it is a good idea to read labels and keep an eye on the sodium content of foods. The less salt that is being consumed the less of a risk of having a heart attack.
- Begin an exercise routine. Obesity or being overweight can cause a lot of strain on the heart. The more strain the heart endures the higher the risk for a heart attack. Exercising is a natural way to getting the weight off. It will also build a stronger heart. Those with a stronger heart stand a great chance of surviving from a heart attack should one occur. However, with exercise the risk of a heart attack occurring is cut back.
- Ask a health care professional about blood pressure/cholesterol medicine. If none of the natural ways of reducing cholesterol or blood pressure seem to be working there are medicines that can help in this area. Sometimes people are genetically altered to be prone to higher blood pressure then others and even through a healthy diet and weight loss the blood pressure will be higher. By lowering the blood pressure and cholesterol through medicine it will reduce the risk of a heart attack.
- Cut back on bad habits (smoking and drinking). Smoking can put a strain on ones heart. It can also cause higher blood pressure in men and women. It is a good idea to cut back on smoking to prevent heart attacks. Drinking can be done in moderation but too much can cause weight to be gained.
Although these tips cannot guarantee a heart attack will be prevented the first step to fighting heart disease is through prevention. It is always a good idea to consult a health care professional if there is a concern about heart attacks as they can best alter a diet, exercise, and medicine routine for you. Following some of these tips will lessen your risk of suffering from one of the leading causes of deaths in the world.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!