If you have been diagnosed with Herpes, you may want to find out how to prevent Herpes outbreaks. Although the disease will never go away, outbreaks can be prevented. Herpes lies dormant within the body between outbreaks. The most important thing to remember is that even though you are not experiencing an outbreak, you are still very contagious to others and should use adequate protection when having sexual relations.
To prevent a Herpes outbreak, you will need:
- To be proactive
- Fresh Fruits and Veggies
- Over-the-counter meds
- Knowledge. Knowledge is your best defense against a Herpes outbreak. Understand the things that can cause a Herpes outbreak and avoid them. You should avoid items such as: sugar, white flour, coffee, chocolate, alcohol, peanuts, processed foods, fried foods, and soft drinks.
- Be proactive. Watch for the faint warning signs and clues that happen just before an outbreak. Be diligent about washing your hands to avoid cross contamination. Use your Antiviral creams at the first sign of an outbreak.
- Supplements. There are essential supplements that should be taken on a regular basis to help avoid a Herpes outbreak. B complex and vitamins C and E are recommended to help prevent outbreaks. Lysine, licorice root, and Zinc are also recommended.
- Fresh fruits and veggies. Eating healthy isn’t just something you should do, when you have Herpes it is something you must do to try and reduce outbreaks. Fresh fruits are excellent for you, all except citrus. Green and yellow veggies, garlic, and shiitake mushrooms. Legumes, seaweeds, and whole grains are other items you should add to your diet to help prevent Herpes outbreaks.
- Over the counter medicines. OTC medicine such as Abreva, Tetrasil, and H-Balm help prevent and heal Herpes outbreaks. These can be used daily to prevent outbreaks or you can begin usage when you feel an outbreak coming on.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.