With the right diet and preparation, it's possible to learn how to prevent nausea after a long run. Sports can help keep you healthy, but too much of a good thing, like a long run, can be stressful on the body. Making the right diet and exercise choices is important for staying healthy during and after strenuous exercise.
To prevent nausea after a long run, you will need:
- proper diet
- snack during run
- Eat right at all times. Staying healthy and having optimal performance in sports are achieved by following a healthy diet all the time. The food eaten two or three days before a run is what fuels the body, not the food eaten immediately before a run.
- Drink plenty of water every day. It's important to stay hydrated at all times. With meals, drink two to three, eight oz. glasses of water. Drink plenty of additional water throughout the day to replace fluids lost during exercise.
- Know your own body. Each person reacts differently when they can eat and/or drink before a run. Use a system that works for you. Eat high-carbohydrate foods before a long run at some point. The exact timing of when to eat will depend on your tolerance for food, but somewhere around three to four hours before a run is optimal for many people.
- Drink water and eat a snack during the long run. To prevent nausea after a long run, drink plenty of water and eat a light snack during the run. Examples of good choices are crackers, fruit, and low-fat energy bars. The most important thing is to drink water.
- Drink fluid-replacement drinks if the run is long and warrants these drinks. For runs less than an hour, these drinks are not necessary. But they can be very helpful for preventing nausea for longer runs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.