How To Prevent Oily Skin
Oily skin can be very unattractive and it can be difficult to learn how to prevent oily skin. The easiest way to prevent oily skin is to develop good skin care habits. Understanding how your skin works can help keep your skin looking and feeling great. A simple way to practice good skin care is to get into a good routine that you follow every day.
In order to prevent oily skin you will need:
- A good facial toner
- An exfoliating body scrub
- An oil-free moisturizer
- A kaolin clay facial mask
- Witch hazel
In order to prevent oily skin you will need to:
- Avoid stripping your skin excessively with acne or drying products. These can actually hurt your skin because when you strip too much of your natural oil your body will just create more oil. This can obviously end up causing an even bigger problem.
- Exfoliating your body can rid your skin of extra oils. These also help by leaving only the healthy skin and removing dead skin that can cause blockages.
- Even with oily skin, you still need to apply a moisturizer. This can prevent your body from making too much oil to compensate. The best thing you can do is to purchase an oil-free moisturizer. This will help restore moisture while not clogging up your pores.
- If you have oily skin on your face, a kaolin clay facial mask can really help. This helps draw out oil and bring balance back to your skin. Use a mask twice a week to help prevent oily skin.
- If oily skin is a problem on your face another great thing to do is use a toner. Toners should be used every day and especially during super hot days. A simple and easy toner to use is diluted witch hazel. Witch hazel can be found at any drug store and applied daily. It can help diminish the appearance of large pores and clear out blackheads too.