When it comes time to recover, one of the concerns you may have is how to prevent penis shrinkage after prostate cancer surgery. Penis shrinkage can occur both because the urethra has been physically shortened, and also because of hormonal changes following surgery. There is no sure way to prevent penis shrinkage, but, there are some things you can try.
To prevent penis shrinkage after prostate cancer surgery, you will need:
- a penis pump
- medication, if prescribed by your doctor
To help prevent penis shrinkage, try the following:
- Use it or lose it. The best way to prevent penis shrinkage is to achieve erections as often as possible. The stretching of the tissue can help prevent shrinkage.
- If you are unable to get an erection naturally, ask your doctor about medication to help. He may prescribe something that can help. Make sure that your doctor knows if there are any medications you are taking after prostate surgery that might react badly with erectile dysfunction medication. There are both pills and injectable medications that can be used.
- Ask your doctor if a penis pump would be better to help you get erections. There are several models available, some of which can be had with a prescription. These can help you prevent penis shrinkage after prostate surgery.
- Most importantly, relax. In most cases, the amount of shrinkage that occurs is very small. You may feel upset and vulnerable after going through such a massively life-changing event. Focus on your health and mental and emotional well-being.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.