How To Prevent Razor Bumps In The Pubic Area
If you have ever experienced razor bumps before, you will want to know how to prevent razor bumps in the pubic area. Just like razor bumps can appear in the pubic area, they can appear on the face as well. Sometimes, they can be a little more challenging to prevent in the pubic area because your pubic is seldom exposed to air. In addition, the pubic area is prone to increased bacteria and sweat. Many times, razor bumps can be stubborn to get rid of, so you are better off trying to prevent them from occurring in the first place. By reviewing these steps, you may be able to prevent razors bumps in your pubic area.
Things you will need to prevent razor bumps in the pubic area include:
- Sharp razor
- Moisturizing shaving gel
- Hypoallergenic lotion
- Exfoliating sponge
- Always use a sharp or new razor when shaving. If you want to prevent razor bumps in the pubic area, never use a dull razor. An old or dull razor can cause razor burn and cause abrasions. Damaged skin in the pubic area might predispose you to developing razor bumps.
- Use a moisturizing shaving gel before you start to shave. Never shave your pubic region without shaving gel if you want to prevent razor bumps in the pubic area. By dry shaving, you might invite ingrown hairs, which might predispose you to razor bumps. Shaving gels allow the razor to glide over your skin, giving you the best possible shave.
- Smooth on a hypoallergenic lotion after you shave. When you attempt to prevent razor bumps in the pubic area, you need to make sure your pubic area skin is in the best shape, free from abrasions and inflammation. In addition, by keeping your skin moisturized, you will leave it in better condition for you next shave.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week. Using a loofah sponge, gently exfoliate your skin if you want to prevent razor bumps in the pubic area. Exfoliation removes dead skin and reveals healthier skin. When you shave your pubic area while it is smooth and exfoliated, you are less likely to incur razor bumps.
- Gently apply astringent to your skin. When attempting to prevent razor bumps in the pubic area, dab your shaven area with astringent. This will help close your pores and reduce bacteria, reducing your risk for developing razor bumps.