How To Prevent Razor Burn
Men, you really should know how to prevent razor burn before you shave. Hair that is pushed back into the follicle causes razor burn, and this in turn causes ingrown hairs to develop on your face. Razor burn is a rash that appears after a close shave. It can itch and become inflamed, leading to razor bumps. However, there are a few things you can do to help prevent razor burn from occurring. If you follow these tips you will be on your way to preventing that nasty razor burn you hate so much, leaving your face looking as clean and sexy as ever.
- Soften your beard before shaving. Having a soft beard makes shaving a lot easier than shaving a beard that's stiff. It's best to shave after a shower or a bath.
- Exfoliate the face. Use a facial scrub to remove dry, dead skin from your face. Most men may think this is crazy, but hey, it really works.
- Using a badger brush to lather the face. This will ensure that you get the lather on each and every whisker. This will also give you a smoother shave.
- Use a safety razor instead of a multiple-blade razor. This razor gives you a closer shave and leaves virtually no razor burn or bumps when shaving. Men don't always realize that a single blade will leave their skin looking healthy.
- Shave with the grain using short strokes. It may take you a few times to get all the whiskers off. However, it's worth it to prevent razor burn and bumps.