Learning how to prevent wrinkles before they even start will give you a jump start on maintaining a fresh, youthful appearance. Wrinkles develop because of many different reasons, including heredity, but there are ways to help your skin age gracefully and slowly. This article will give you tips on how to keep your skin wrinkle-free for as long as possible.
- Wear sunscreen. Limiting your exposure to the sun can prevent wrinkles. 90% of your skin damage is due to the sun. Wear sunscreen at all times, even when the sun is not visible. Choose a sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Stay as stress-free as possible. Many people are surprised at how much havoc stress can wreck on your skin. Stress produces hormones that increase the levels of free radicals in the body, suppresses the immune system, dehydrates the body, and thins the skin. We've all seen presidents go into office looking youthful and in just a few shorts years they look as though they've aged 10 years. If you do have a lot of stress in your life find ways to help you cope with it like yoga or meditation.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is very important in preventing wrinkles. Sleep is how your body repairs damage done during the day. It gives nightly moisturizers a chance to work and rejuvenate the skin.
- Eat healthy. A well-nourished body often has radiant, supple, and well-nourished skin. Beautiful skin comes from within and most often all that is needed for healthy skin is a healthy and balance diet. Also be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Don't smoke. Smoking is a serious cause of wrinkled skin. Smoking slows down the body's ability to produce collagen, which prevent wrinkles, this is why smokers tend to look older than their age.
- Moisturize daily. Even if you don't have wrinkles is it still smart to use a moisturizing, anti-wrinkle cream to keep your skin supple and wrinkle-free. There are many moisturizing creams available for all skin types on the market. One moisturizer that is natural and tends to work with all skin types is simple, extra-virgin olive oil.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.