Learning how to primer a truck is more time consuming than difficult. Primering a vehicle is a very important part of painting a vehicle. It provides the best conditions for paint to adhere to. It can be very tedious to make sure that every part of the truck that is not being painted is either covered or removed.
- Paint gun
- Primer paint
- Sand paper
- Masking tape
- Masking paper
- Screwdrivers (one Standard and one Phillips)
- A wind free area for the truck to dry
- Remove all of the trim work on the truck. It is easier to remove trim items such as the Ford emblem than mask it. If you try to mask it rather than remove it, you might wind up pulling off some of the paint as well.
- Sand down the truck so that the paint has a good surface to bond to. Assuming that any bodywork has already been done and the area has been sanded smooth, a 240 grit sand paper should be good for this purpose.
- Mask everything on the truck that is not getting painted to prevent accidents or over spray. It is probably the most tedious part of painting, but it can prevent hours of over spray removal later. It also gives the paint job a more professional look.
- Paint truck with the primer. Use steady, consistent strokes with the paint gun to prevent runs in the paint.
- If you have not already, move the truck to a wind free area to dry. If you allow the wind to deposit debris on the wet paint, you will have to sand it again before painting.
Be sure to clean paint gun between colors to prevent unwanted color combinations.
Peel masking tape off slowly to prevent any paint from coming off with the tape.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.