Learning how to program a Comcast universal remote is a skill that benefits everyone. It is important because everything is controlled by that remote control, not just the TV. It is surprising how many people do not know how to program a Comcast universal remote. Do not be one of those people; follow the directions below to learn how to perform this useful chore. The steps provided make this a quick and easy process.
To program a Comcast universal remote, you will need:
- Comcast Universal Remote control
- DVD player (or other device)
- Item being programmed five digit manufacturer codes
The instructions below are used to code a DVD player. These same instructions can be used for other auxiliary products by using AUX.
- Begin power. Turning on the DVD player is the first part of the how to program a Comcast universal remote process. Put in disc if player will be in immediate use.
- Select device type. Press the AUX key that is located on the Comcast remote device. This helps to notify the control that an auxiliary device will be programmed.
- Begin preparation. Press the control button labeled SETUP and release when light on remote blinks twice. The previous sequence of how to program a Comcast universal remote process initiates the coding sequence.
- Input codes. Enter the five digit manufacture code that correlates with your DVD player as you continue learning how to program a Comcast universal remote. There will be more than one code, just pick one to be used.
- If the light on the control device flashes twice, then that code has successfully programmed the remote. Point the remote to the DVD player and press the POWER button. The DVD device should shut off signifying that you have succeeded, but if you have not, then continue reading.
- Continue with a different code. Choose the next code for your device’s manufacturer and begin the how to program a Comcast universal remote process again. Remember to start at the step when the SETUP button is pressed and released.
You have successfully completed the how to program a Comcast universal remote process.