How To Program Direct TV Remote
Learning how to program Direct TV remotes control can often prove to be time consuming and frustrating, especially if you’re new to the Direct TV service or are unfamiliar with the menu. Once your system has been properly programmed, you’ll be able to enjoy your Direct TV and be comfortable with navigating your settings, giving you the hassle free entertainment you seek.
- Direct TV remote
- Direct TV user manual
- Programming Preparations. At this stage, you should confirm that the connections going to your television are properly plugged in. Many remote control programming problems arise when the equipment hasn’t been correctly setup ahead of time. Use your user manual if you need help.
- Getting the Remote Ready. It may seem like a simple step, but make sure you have the correct batteries on hand. With a Direct TV remote, you may need to enter a control code, so also be sure to have your user manual with you.
- Power on the TV. Using the power button on your remote, turn the TV on. It is at this stage that you may need to enter your remote’s control code.
- Initial Setup Locate and press the Menu button on your remote and select Setup from the new window. Once you’ve clicked on Setup, choose System Setup and then the Remote screen. This will grant you access to the “Program Remote” menu.
- Scanning for TV Codes. Once you’ve completed the initial remote setup, the next task you can do is have the system scan for TV codes. To do this, make sure the toggle switch on your remote is on TV. Hold down Mute and Select at the same time until the LED remote light turns green.
- Entering TV Codes. Next, enter code 9911. You will now need to press Channel Up to begin the TV scanning. To complete the scan, you will need to tap the Channel Up button repeatedly.