- How To Connect A Digital-To-Analog Converter Box, Dish Cable, DVD Player And VCR To The Same TV
- How To Hook Up TV Blu-Ray Receiver Speakers To Subwoofer
- How To Set Up Compact Shelf Stereo
- How To Use A DVR
- How To Connect Laptop To Home Stereo
- How To Wire Speakers To Surround Sound Receiver
- Samsung Flat Screen TV Troubleshooting: 5 Tips
How to Program A Radio Shack Universal Remote
Looking for directions on how to program a Radio Shack universal remote? You can set up a Radio Shack universal remote so that it controls many devices, such as a TV, VCR, DVD player and cable or satellite receiver. This guideline will go over some directions for programming your Radio Shack universal remote using code search.
- Turn the device on. To begin programming your Radio Shack universal remote, you need to manually turn your device on. For example, if you intend to program your Radio Shack universal remote to control your TV, you need to turn your TV on.
- Hold down the "Setup" button. Once your device has been turned on, you will need to press and hold the Setup button on your Radio Shack universal remote. You want to hold the Setup button until the red indicator light, which is located on the top of the remote, stays on. Once the light is on, you can release the Setup button.
- Press and release the "Mode" button. With the red indicator light on, you need to press and release the mode button for the device you wish to program. For example, if you are programming your TV to work with your Radio Shack universal remote, press and release the TV mode button. The mode buttons are located on the top of your Radio Shack universal remote. When you press and release the mode button, the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Begin programming. After you have pressed and released the mode button, you will need to press the "Channel Up" button. Continue to press this button until the channel changes on your TV. Once your Radio Shack universal remote has been programmed, the red indicator light will blink and remain on.
If the code search does not find a code that will program your Radio Shack universal remote to control your device, you will need to refer to the codes that were provided when you purchased the remote. These will likely be with the Radio Shack documentation that came with the remote.
Posted on: Jul. 03, 2010