Although it may seem complicated to learn how to program a remote control, it is not as hard as it may seem. Once you learn how to program one TV remote control you can pretty much figure out how to control them all. A universal remote control is used to condense multiple remote controls into to one. Universal remotes can be set up to control your TV, cable box, satellite box, DVD player and DVR. There are a few simple steps to follow that will help you successfully program your remote control even if you don't have the codes.
To program your remote control, you will need:
- Your remote control
- Components you want to program
- Turn on the components that you want to have programmed. Press the corresponding button on the remote control for the component that you want to program. For instance, if you want to program your TV or cable box, press that button on your remote, then release it quickly.
- Press and hold the search button until the LED button lights up. Release the hold button on the remote control once the LED light comes on.
- Press and release the component select button for the device you wish to program. The component light indicator will then blink and remain lit.
- Aim the remote control at the component and press the power button constantly until the equipment turns off. It can take a while for the remote to find the correct code, so be patient. Once it's done, press and hold the code search button to save this as the code.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.