If you are tired of getting up and down to trot across the room to your entertainment center, you probably need to learn how to program a TiVo universal remote. Sure, technology encourages laziness and you probably need the exercise you would get by actually going over to your TiVo, but where is the fun in that? Besides, the remote was made just for your convenience.
- Point the remote at the device and press the TiVo button. In TiVo Central, choose "Message and Settings" and then "Settings." Select "Remote, CableCARD, & Devices" then "Remote Control."
- Select "Part 1: TV Power" from the menu. Search the list of TV brands for yours and select it. Using the codes that are displayed, follow the directions on the screen until you have found the right code for your TV. You may have to go through numerous codes before you find yours. After finding the right code, you can program your other devices in the same manner.
- Newer devices may not have codes listed. For these devices, you will have to manually program the device. Hold the TiVo button and "Select" buttons together for three seconds.
- Press the button representing the device you want to program on the TiVo universal remote. The activity light on the remote should flash and remain lit.
- Place the TiVo universal remote within four inches of the device you are programming. Press and hold the button representing the device. If the TiVo remote light flashes four quick times, the device has been successfully programmed. If not, you must repeat the process.
If you are unable to program the TiVo universal remote control to work with your devices, contact TiVo support for additional assistance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?