You have your Wii and your all set to start your game, but first you need to know how to program your Wii Remote. The Wii Remote is the controller used for most games on the Nintendo Wii system. It's used with the motion sensing bar attached to your Wii system, picking up on the movements you make to control your game character on the screen. So, until you program your Wii Remote, you will not be able to begin.
To set up your Wii Remote you will need:
- Your Wii, with the Wii sensor bar connected
- A Wii Remote
- two AA batteries (normal or rechargeable, it's up to you)
- Install the batteries. Remove the battery cover from the back of your Wii Remote and install the two AA batteries. Keep the battery cover off for now.
- Synch your Wii Remote. After you've made sure your Nintendo Wii has been plugged in properly, turn it on. Open the SD card slot on the front of the Wii. There will be a "Sync" button both on the Wii and on the Wii Remote below the batteries. Press and release the "Sync" button on the Wii, and press and release the "Sync" button on the Wii Remote. The LED light on the Wii Remote will blink. When it stops, the Wii Remote is connected.
- You can program the Wii Remote for one-time use. If you bring your Wii Remote to use on someone else's system, you can program the controller to connect for just that one time. Press the "Home" button on a Wii Remote that has already been connected. Select Wii Remote settings, then select reconnect. Press "1" and "2" on the Wii Remote you now want to connect. The LED light will blink, and the Wii Remote is connected when it stops.
If you use rechargeable batteries Nintendo recommends using only Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.