An Xbox 360 remote is a necessity to have for your Xbox, but you can learn how to program a Xbox 360 remote to work with your TV too. Microsoft has actually come out with two different remotes for the Xbox 360, one is a typical media remote and the other is a universal remote. The media remote only works with the Xbox 360 and windows media play and cannot be programmed. The universal remote is the one that can be programmed to work with the Xbox 360 and your TV set. The latter will be the one we will be referring to.
You will need:
- An Xbox 360
- A TV Set
- Connector cables
- An Xbox 360 Universal Remote
A list of the current TV codes
- Make sure the batteries are inserted into your Xbox 360 remote before you begin programming it. You will need two AA batteries for it.
- There are two different ways to program the Xbox remote to your TV. You can do it manually by entering the code into the remote, or use the scanning feature to do it automatically. We will include manual steps in step 4. Make sure your TV set is turned on prior to programming the Xbox 360 remote.
- To automatically scan for a code to program the Xbox 360 remote, point the remote towards the TV and press both TV and okay buttons at the same time. After about two seconds all of the buttons will light up, so let go of the okay and TV buttons. After that only the number keys should be lit up. Then hit the channel plus or minus buttons until the TV set turns off. When the TV turns off, make sure to press the TV button on the Xbox 360 remote to save the code.
- To manually program the Xbox 360 remote, point the remote towards the TV and press both TV and okay buttons at the same time. After about two seconds, all of the buttons will light up, so let go of the okay and TV buttons. Then after that only the number keys should be lit up. Now enter in one of the codes you found out of the library of current TV codes. Press the TV button after you are finished to save the code. Make sure to test the code to see if it works, otherwise you will have to try a different code for your brand of TV.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.