How To Promote Blog
Learning how to promote a blog takes hard work, dedication and a keen sense of online and offline marketing. The key to blog promotion is to eliminate unnecessary roadblocks on your way to success by breaking down traffic-driven techniques into several smaller tasks. This can be done by creating a list of proven traffic-gathering methods.
Things you'll need:
- Computer with internet access
- Write Original, Interesting & SEO Focused Content One of the best ways successful blog owners attract traffic is through blog content. This could include articles, interviews, resource guides or advice columns. When creating your list on how to promote a blog, make writing a least 100+ articles your top priority. Each blog post should be completely original, contain several popular keywords or key phrases and should be a topic that will reach the interest of millions of web users. Once your articles become indexed by the search engines, re-write them into several smaller articles and submit them into article directories, such as EzineArticles.com.
- Social Networking & Essential Fundamentals Begin sharing your blog URL link by joining every social network you can find. Try to stay active in relevant communities and submit posts into similar niche forums with your link in the signature. Submit your blog link into blog carnivals, search engines and social bookmarking sites. Write reviews on similar niche products on sites such as Amazon.com and add your blog URL at the bottom. It may take months or even years for you to get a steady flow of visitors to your blog, but your hard work will pay off. It takes time to learn how to promote a blog and it’s important to stay motivated throughout the process.
- Make Use of Online Videos & Podcasts Another method of attracting visitors on our list of how to promote a blog is through the use of online videos and podcasts. Use your existing YouTube account or start a new one to post your blog URL on the top of your videos. Respond to similar videos with your blog content or begin participating in live shows to present your niche. Convert your videos into several different formats and upload them to popular video distributions such as TubeMogul.com. Begin your own podcast and submit it to various podcast directories such as iTunes.
- Link Building & Social Media Participation Many newbie blog owners forget about methods such as link building and social media when brainstorming how to promote a blog. Exchanging links with other bloggers in your niche can lead to a jump in traffic, especially when the other blogger is well established in their field. Submit to general RSS and blog directories or begin a new blog and link back to yourself. Create blog themes and insert your link at the bottom for it to get passed across the web. Participate in various social media sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon, Netscape, MySpace, YouTube, Magnolia and AuthorityBlogger.
Using the methods above can give a blogger new to the internet marketing game a chance to share their valuable content and ideas. It can be difficult to learn how to promote a blog at first, but with time and experience, you, too, can become a well-known name in the blogging community.