How To Promote Healthy Eating
Learning how to promote healthy eating is to incorporate good habits into your lifestyle. Healthy eating, proper rest, adequate exercise and other lifestyle changes can help prevent health risks and promote greater health benefits. Here are the 10 reasons to get on the ball with your health.
- Give up smoking. Quitting smoking lowers your risk of developing lung cancer, emphysema and heart attacks. Also, your sense of smell and taste will improve.
- Eat a balanced diet. Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day. Eliminate or reduce your intake of sugar, salt and fat.
- Limit alcohol intake to moderate use. Alcohol abuse contributes to high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Trim away all fat and skin from meat before cooking. Boil, bake, grill or roast food instead of deep frying. Get regular exercise.
- Drink adequate amounts of water. Consuming at least eight glasses of eight ounces of water daily helps to flush out impurities from your system.
- Make fitness a priority. Exercise boosts energy. Cardiovascular fitness slows the process of hardening of the arteries, reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes, keeps weight down and reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Reduce stress. Stress promotes poor health habits. Eliminate negative influences and environments. Balance work, home, and play priorities.
- Spend time with family. Set aside a specific time for family time. Spending time with family helps build the bonds of relationships while improving emotional health.
- Schedule annual health checkups. Find out what exams, tests, and shots you need and when to get them. Ask your doctor how you can lower your chances for health problems based on your lifestyle and personal and family health histories.
- Rest. Get seven to nine hours of sleep each night. Avoid foods and drinks that can upset your digestion before going to bed.