How To Promote Online
Need to know how to promote online? If you’ve started your own small business, you’ll need to know how to promote online. Utilize the internet to leverage free advertising through social networking websites. It goes without saying that your company should have an online presence; therefore, focus on driving traffic to your website by promoting it online through various social networks.
To promote your business online, you will need:
- Internet access
- A Facebook account
- A LinkedIn account
- A Twitter account
To promote your business on Facebook:
- Visit www.facebook.com and register with your company’s email address and password. Once you have registered, you can create a page for your business.
- Choose from “local business,” “brand, product or organization” or “artist, band or public figure.” This will establish the type of page into which you become categorized.
- Create a page name. This will identify your business.
- Click “Create Official Page.” This will take you to your official page.
- Click “Edit Page” at the top left corner of your page. Modify the settings and information that appears on your page.
- Invite others to become fans of your page. This will promote your services to Facebook users.
- Utilize the Fan Box Widget. You can add this to your blog, website and other interfaces to promote online.
To promote your business using LinkedIn:
- Visit www.linkedin.com and register with your first and last name, company’s email address and password. This will create your account.
- Click “Profile” from the top navigation menu. Add details about you and your business.
- Using the top right menu, click “Add Connections.” Use the email account integration feature to invite everyone from your email account to link to you.
To promote your business using Twitter:
- Visit www.twitter.com and register with your email address and password. This will create your account.
- Log in and click “Settings” in the top right navigation menu. Click the fifth option, "Profile." Here you can add a picture, note your name for searching purposes, add a location and the website of your business. Finally, add a brief bio to promote your services. When you’re satisfied, click “Save.”
- Click “Find People” in the top right navigation menu. Find friends using the email integration feature. Follow your friends.
- Enter a search term relevant to your business into the search bar. Follow others who are tweeting about your industry.
- Tweet relevant information. Send interesting facts about your industry, or tweet current promotions going on at your company.
- Re-tweet. Nothing grabs followers like re-tweeting their tweets.
- Send direct messages. Engage other Twitter users by sending a direct message regarding one of their tweets or by striking up a conversation about your company.