How To Promote On Twitter
If you have a product, a blog, a book, or articles that you want people to know about, learning how to promote on Twitter is a great method for promoting yourself and networking. When used properly and not abused, your message can reach the masses.
- Set up a Twitter account expressly for promotion of your product or service. Think of a Twitter name that is appropriate to your cause. Use @YourName or @ProductName for easy identification. Include a real, professional-looking photo of yourself or your product. Tell who you are and what you represent in your bio. Also include your website.
- Share your links and comments. Send a few of your tweets out that include links to your product, website, etc. Include relevant comments, to demonstrate what you wish to promote on Twitter. Include hashtags before key words.
- Build a network of followers. Follow people with similar interests, products, etc. Search for your promotional topic in the search box on the homepage or by using hashtags and follow like-minded people. Interact with your followers and those you follow with relevant conversation. Tweet and retweet their comments, and the favor will be reciprocated, thus giving you more exposure.
- Tweet regularly and stay on topic. While some personal banter helps your followers get to know you, it is better to leave that to a personal account. However, when promoting a product, you want to stay on topic. Share relevant information regularly, without spamming. (Preprogram tweets using a platform such as HootSuite.) Again, use those hashtags!
- Participate in chats. Promote on Twitter by participating in regular chats. For example, on Tuesday nights, educators follow conversations that use the #edchat hashtag in all of their comments. This is a great networking tool.
- Share your Twitter information. When setting up your website or Facebook accounts, sending out emails, etc., include a link back to your Twitter page, so that people can keep up-to-date with you and your work.
- Being successful when trying to promote on Twitter requires dedication and networking. Create relationships and people will promote you as much as you promote yourself.
- Be cautious to not spam Twitter with your information. People are turned off by those who strictly tweet links and who flood the stream with them.
- If you set up a personal account, link to your "professional" account, as well.