It is not difficult to learn how to puree food if you have the right tools and prepare the food first. You can puree food to use it in a recipe, to make a smoothie or to serve it to a baby. Some foods need to be cooked before you puree them, others can be pureed raw. Foods that can be pureed raw include bananas, papaya, strawberries and other soft fruits. Vegetables, including pumpkin, potato and beans need to be cooked before you can puree them.
- Determine if the food you want to prepare needs to be pre-cooked. If it is a vegetable, you will have to cook it. If it is a fruit, you may not. If the edible portion of the fruit is soft and and be dented easily, you can puree it raw. Harder fruits like apples will need to be cooked first.
- Cook the food. You can boil it in water or put it in a pan and roast it in the oven. If you use the oven method, peel the item first, then remove the seeds and cut into chunks.
- Place the chunks in a roasting or baking pan and add an inch of water. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour, or until the item can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Place the chunks of food into a blender. Put the lid on the pitcher and hit "puree." Puree food until smooth. If you forget the lid, you will end up cleaning food from every surface of the kitchen.
- Pour the puree food out into a serving container, glass or storage container and use as desired.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."