How To Put Applications On iPod Touch
If you own one, it is essential to know how to put applications on iPod Touch. What makes the device so cool is the ability to install third party applications to customize and use the iPod Touch in more ways than you could imagine. There are business applications for productivity, useful apps that help you with everything from dieting to navigation, and a huge selection of games available for the device. To take full advantage of your iPod Touch’s capabilities, check out the guide below.
What you’ll need
- An iPod Touch
- iTunes software
- An Apple Store account
- Choose your method of installation. There are actually two separate ways to download and install applications on your iPod Touch. If you’ve heard of a cool application while out and about, you can actually install the application you want right from your iPod. If you have the device connected to your computer, on the other hand, you can go the App Store located in iTunes.
If using just your iPod, first hit the "App Store" application. In the iPod Touch’s default settings, the "App Store" is a button located in the bottom row of essential apps along with "Music" and "Safari." Start by pressing that button. The iPod will open up a new screen that includes some recent “featured” applications. You have the choice from a toolbar on the bottom to pick from the top free applications, the top paid applications, decide by category, or search for a specific application. If you’re just starting out, check out the top free applications and try one out.
- When you find one you like, simply click on it. Again a new screen will appear with a detailed description of that application, and there will be a green button that says “Install”. Click it. Your iPod will likely ask you to enter your iTunes account information. Do so, and the home screen will appear. The application, meanwhile, will appear and load along with it. When it’s installed, be sure to sync the iPod Touch with iTunes soon to back up the app and its data.
If you’re on your computer, a complete installation can be done with iTunes. With your iTunes open, look at the column on the right. You will see a button labeled “iTunes Store”. Click that, and you will be taken to a new page that displays popular movies and music available for download.
- In a row on top of that page, a button named “App Store” will appear. After clicking that, the new page will have featured applications and a column on the right hand side. That column, like the "App Store" on the iPod, will give you the option of choosing by category, popularity, or searching.
- Find an app you like, and click it. The page will have an app description and an "Install" button. Click that, and the application will automatically be installed on your iTunes.
- Sync your iPod touch. The next time you sync your iPod Touch, it will be installed there, too. With that, you will have successfully installed an application on your iPod Touch. But be careful, as an application downloading addiction will likely strike very soon.