How To Put Apps on Your iPod Touch From Itunes
Having trouble figuring out how to put apps onto your iPod touch from iTunes? First, you will need the following:
- A computer with a USB port or access to a wireless internet network
- An up-to-date version of iTunes
- The USB cable that came with the iPod touch
- The iPod touch
- iPod version 3.0 or later (see step three)
Once the above items are gathered together, put apps on your iPod touch by:
- Open iTunes.
- Connect the iPod touch to the computer using a USB cable via the USB port.
- Check to make sure that the iPod touch is on your device backups list. If not, the iPod touch needs to be set up as an allowed device on your computer.
- If the iPod touch has not been updated, download the iPod version 3.0 update or later. This makes the iPod touch capable of running apps.
- Once the update is on the computer, follow the windows to download the update onto the iPod touch.
There are two options to put apps on your iPod touch from iTunes: use a USB cable connected to the USB port on the computer, or use a wireless network to download the apps directly to the iPod touch itself.
How to put apps on your iPod touch from iTunes using a computer:
- Click on the iTunes store in the ribbon on the left hand side of the iTunes window and go to the app store. Find the apps you want/need and click buy app.
- When iTunes asks for a username and password, enter one if there is an active account. If not, register for an account.
- Once logged on to the account, a box will appear asking if you want to purchase the app.
- Click “Buy Now.” This will cause the app to begin downloading onto the computer.
- Once downloaded, make sure that the iPod touch is plugged into the USB port and click the “Sync iPod” button.
- Once the sync is complete, the iPod can be disconnected. Do this by clicking on the eject button next to the iPod’s name.
How to put apps directly on your iPod touch from iTunes using a wireless network:
- On the menu on the iPod touch, touch the app store icon.
- Find the apps you want/need and touch the desired app. This will bring open a description of the app.
- If this is the right app, click on the price in the top right corner of the screen. The button should turn green and read, “install.”
- Touch install and, when the login appears, enter the username and password. This will begin the installation of the app by first closing app store and putting a new icon on the menu with a progress bar underneath.
- Once the progress bar disappears, the app is usable on the iPod touch