How To Put On Compound Bow Strings
Learn how to put on compound bow strings so you can do this job yourself. Shooting a compound bow is a great way for all ages to develop skill at aiming and shooting a target. You'll save money and be in control if you know how to put on compound bow strings. Using a bow press is necessary to get the right tension on the compound bow strings.
To put on compound bow strings, you will need:
- Bow press
- Bow strings
- Bow wax
- Safety glasses
- Put on safety glasses. The chance exists that the bow string on the compound bow could snap. Wear safety glasses to be safe and protect yourself when putting on compound bow strings.
- Set the compound bow in the bow press. Unscrew the pins at the bottom of the bow where the riser and limbs meet. On the bow press, screw the bottom pin to tighten it. This will secure the compound bow to the press.
- Add the new bow strings. Loop one end of the new compound bow string to the end of the limb. Slip the other loop of the string on the other limb end.
- Take off the old string. Slip the old compound bow string over the top of the new bow string.
- Adjust the tension. Use the bow press to adjust the tension as needed. Adjust this as needed to get the tension correct.
- Add wax to the new bow string. Add was as needed before shooting then again after shooting, if needed.