Need to know how to put a golf cart battery in? Maybe you need to replace the batteries in your golf cart. Most golf carts hold six batteries, and changing them is more work than a regular car battery. However, you can change your golf cart batteries yourself and save time and money.
To put in a golf cart battery, you will need:
- New batteries for your golf cart
- A wrench
- Rubber gloves that are acid-proof
- Baking soda
- A bucket of distilled water
- Petroleum jelly
- Battery cables, if needed
- Buy all the materials you will need to change your golf cart batteries. Make sure you buy brand new batteries. Buy rubber gloves that will protect you against battery acid. Pour two gallons of distilled water in a bucket.
- Find the battery compartment on your golf cart. This battery compartment should be on the front of your golf cart. Open the compartment. There should be a set of six batteries in the compartment. Disconnect the negative cable from all of the batteries. Some golf carts are different. Check your golf cart manual if it is different.
- Remove the battery brackets. Disconnect the positive cables. Take out each of the six old golf cart batteries. Pour the baking soda into the distilled water. Clean off all cables. Inspect the cables and make sure each cable is in good shape. Replace any messed-up battery cables with new battery cables. Clean the whole area out with the baking soda and the rags. Make sure you are wearing your gloves and goggles while you are working on the batteries. Acid will burn your hands and eyes if they are not protected. Do not rub your eyes with your gloves. Do not rub your gloves against your skin in any way.
- Take the first battery. Reconnect the positive and negative cables to the battery. Put a little petroleum jelly on the cables. Do this same process with all six batteries until all golf cart batteries are installed.
- Shut the battery compartment on your golf cart. Charge your golf cart up completely before you use it the first time. The new batteries have to be charged completely to work correctly. Use your golf cart just as you normally would use it.
- Dispose of old golf cart batteries properly. Do not throw them in the trash. Take them to a battery disposal location.
Do not replace one battery. Replace all batteries at the same time with new batteries. Work in a well ventilated area. Do not smoke while changing the batteries.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.