How To Put Memory Card On PS3
The PlayStation 3 has a built-in hard drive, meaning you do not need any external device to save your games; however, if you would like to copy game save information to the PS3 from your PlayStation or PlayStation 2, you will need to put a Memory Card on your PS3. The PS3 does not have a memory card slot like the PlayStation and PS2 have, but luckily there is a device for that specific function.
In order to connect a memory card to your PS3 you will need:
- a PlayStation or PlayStation 2 Memory Card
- a Memory Card Adaptor for your PS3
- a PlayStation 3
- Plug the Memory Card Adaptor into the PS3. It will connect to the system through one of the USB ports found on the front.
- Insert the Memory Card into the Memory Card Adaptor.
- Turn on your PS3. In the XMB Menu, select game, then Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2). Press the "X" button.
- An icon representing the Memory Card will appear on your screen. This will indicate that the Memory Card has been properly connected to the PS3.
- Select the icon. Press the "X" button. This will bring up all the saved game data on the Memory Card. You can now choose to copy, delete or play from any of the saved data on the Memory Card.
Remember, only certain PS3 models are compatible with the PlayStation or PS2. Before you buy a Memory Card Adaptor, be sure that your PS3 will accept the older systems' information.