How To Put Movies On Zune
Learning how to put movies on your Zune is very simple. The Microsoft Zune has the ability to store multiple forms of media depending on their formats and the amount of storage space you have. Putting movies on a Zune can take up a considerable amount space so make sure you know exactly how big the file is and the amount of space you have to work with. If you don't have the correct amount of space, your Zune will simply cancel the file transfer. Even if you're only a KB away from completion, the Zune will cancel the entire transfer. Let's throw a movie or two on your Zune.
Things you'll need:
- A Microsoft Zune
- A Computer with file converter software
- File match. Make sure the Zune can support the file you're trying to transfer. If you're not sure about the files types that are compatible with your Zune, just open up your Zune collection on your computer. Go into "Settings" and check to see the formats that Zune can support. You may have to check a box for the corresponding file type, but that's no problem. If the file isn't supported, there's no need to pitch your Zune across the room. There's an alternate approach to putting movies on your Zune.
- Downloading a file converter. If your particular movie file isn't compatible, all you need to do is find an online file converter. They're normally not that expensive. All you would do is plug your file into the converter. Select a file that's supported by the Zune and press "Start." The converter will make a Zune compatible copy of the file. The only downside is that these file converters can take a little time. Once the conversion is complete you'll have two copies. Get rid of the original copy. Now you have a compatible file of a movie you can put on your Zune.
- File folders. If you want to put movies on your Zune, you're going to need to create a file folder for the movies and attach it to your Zune collection software. Create the folder on your computer, go into the Zune's settings and link your Zune collection so it reads files from your newly created folder. Go into the setting pages and set up the software so it automatically links all new media you put in that particular folder. You'll know you did it right when you open the Zune collection and it notifies you of the new media.
- The last step. Attach your Zune to your computer and go into the collection. After your collection recognizes your Zune, go into the "Videos" portion of the collection. Drag the video to the Zune icon. After the sync is complete, you'll would have successfully put a movie on your Zune.