How To Put Music On IPod
Before using one, you have to know how to put music on iPod! IPods are great media player devices that you can take practically anywhere. They emit crisp audio quality and they’re extremely durable as well. With this guide, you’ll know exactly how to load your favorite tunes onto your device for easy listening on-the-go!
To put music on an iPod, you will need:
- An iPod
- A computer
- The iPod USB cable
- First, install iTunes on your computer. To put music on an iPod, you must use the Apple iTunes software to do so. It can be downloaded for free from the Apple website.
- Load music into the iTunes media player. Purchase a couple of songs from the Apple iTunes Store or import some music that’s already on your computer into the iTunes media player. To import, use File>Add Folder to Library and browse for the folders that contain your music to add them to your music collection in iTunes.
- Connect your iPod to your computer using the USB cable. Wait for iTunes to recognize it. This may take a second, and you may have to go through the process of setting it up, giving it a name and a few other things.
- When iTunes detects your device, select it in the left pane and click the “Music” tab in the interface. This is where you will control what music is transferred to your iPod.
- Choose “Entire music library” or “Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres.” If your device has a large memory capacity, you can probably get away with selecting “Entire music library” and letting your entire music collection transfer to your device. However, if you’re working with a limited amount of space, create a playlist called “iPod” and transfer all of your desired music to it. Once that’s finished, revisit the “Music” tab in your iPod interface and select “Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres.” Look in the “Playlists” box below these options and put a checkmark next to your “iPod” playlist.
- When you’re finished, select “Sync” at the lower right-hand corner of the window. ITunes will proceed to transfer your music to your device. Be patient, as this can take awhile if you’ve got a lot of music to move.
- Once it’s finished, disconnect the device and it will be ready for use! That’s all that’s required. Plug some ear buds in and play some music!