How To Put Music On PS3
A Sony Playstation does more than just play games so it is only natural that you wonder how to put music on your PS3. The PS3 is a multimedia device that is commonly used to play video games, watch movies, play music and even cruise the internet. Putting music on your PS3 is a straight forward process that is only limited by how much memory you have available.
To put music on a PS3, you will need:
- USB flash drive
- Music files saved in either MP3, M4A (MP4), WAV, WMA or ATRAC format
- Enough free space on your PS3 to store the music
- The computer part. To put music on your PS3, you first need to get the music from your PC. Insert your USB flash drive into the computer, navigate to your music directory and copy over all the music files you wish to transfer to the PS3.
- The console part. Stick the USB flash drive in your PS3. In the XMB menu, go to the music icon and you will see your USB flash drive. Press the triangle button on your controller, and then select ‘Display All’. Press the triangle button, select ‘Copy Multiple’, choose all the music you want to transfer and press "OK."
- How to play it. To play the music, go through the XMB menu to the music section and select a song. If you want to mesmerize your dazed and confused friends, press the square button and watch them stare at the trippy visuals.