How To Put Music On Your Blackberry
If you're wondering how to put music on your Blackberry, you're not the only one. When you put music on your Blackberry, you're bringing that Curve/Pearl/8800/8100 series to life. While you do need some supplies to put music on your Blackberry, it's not too difficult of a task.
You need the following to program music on your Blackberry:
- Blackberry smartphone (Pearl, 8800, 8100, and 8300 series)
- Blackberry supported USB cable
- Micro-SD card
- Turn off your Blackberry device. Yes, we know you want to get to the music on your Blackberry ASAP, but first you need to turn the device on to prepare of Micro-SD installation. It won't take but a few minutes, so long as you know where to find the slot.
- Install the Micro-SD card. In order to get music on your Blackberry device you'll first need a sizeable amount of storage to keep all of your files on. Music files (such as the common .mp3, .mp4, or even .wma) take up large amounts of space. You can purchase a Micro Media Storage Device (Micro SD) at your local technology store. Open up the battery compartment in the back of your Curve/Pearl/81xx/88xx and look for the SD slot. Slide the Micro-SD in, gently, face up. Place the battery back in the device and secure the compartment.
- Connect to the computer. Turn your Blackberry back on, and wait for the system to recognize the SD card (which will sometimes require a few minutes). Plug the USB cable into your Blackberry's USB slot on one end and into your computer's USB 2.0 port on the other.
- Open up your Blackberry. Most computers will recognize the device, install appropriate drives for it, and then ask you what to do with the Blackberry. If the computer asks you, click the "Open files" option. If your system does not ask you what to do, no matter. Open up "My Computer" and go to "Removable Drive" (a.k.a. your Blackberry).
- Open the music folders. Open up your Blackberry music folder, which will be in the main contents of the device. In another window, open up your computer's music file (or the files in which you wish to turn into music on your Blackberry). Highlight the music files, then drag them into the Blackberry's music folder.
- Enjoy the music. Turn on the device to listen to the music on your Blackberry, after disconnecting the USB cable and closing all windows. Turn on your Blackberry, plug in some headphones, and enjoy the symphony!
Now that you can put music on your Blackberry, go ahead and read up on its ample supply of features such as applications, Bluetooth, and even internet. When you have music on your Blackberry, you've opened up a whole new world of smartphone technology right at your finger tips. So go ahead and enjoy the music on your Blackberry, and keep savvy hipster!