When building a subwoofer box, you are bound to ask how to put resin on a subwoofer box. Resin is necessary in the assembly of a custom subwoofer box and is primary used during construction to create strength and resistance in the subwoofer. Resin is applied to a subwoofer box after the subwoofer box carpet has been laid, but before the fiberglass mat is put into place.
What you will need:
- Polyester resin
- Spreader tool
- Disposable face mask
- Put on the disposable face mask. Resin is dangerous if inhaled. You should always use a disposable face mask that covers both your mouth and nose.
- Mix the resin. Mix the batch of resin before applying it to the subwoofer box. Mix the resin per manufacturer's instructions based on your particular resin.
- Use spreader to apply the resin. Begin applying the resin using the spreader tool. Use a bondo spreader, spackle spreader or a paint scraper to evenly spread the resin onto the subwoofer box.
- Finish spreading the resin. Finish spreading the resin onto the subwoofer box. Ensure an even coat over the carpet. Spread out any areas with clumps of resin. Ensure a fine and even coat of resin on the subwoofer box so that it will evenly penetrate the carpet.
- Allow the resin to dry. Set your subwoofer box aside and allow the resin to dry for about 24 hours. Ensure the subwoofer box is in a cool and dry environment during the drying period.
- Use gloves when spreading resin on the subwoofer box.
- Resin can be very difficult to work with, so have patience when spreading resin on the subwoofer box. Using a proper spreading tool will make the project much easier.
- Be careful to not allow resin to land on any undesired areas other than the subwoofer box. Once resin adheres to a specific material, it is practically impossible to remove.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.