How To Put Songs On Ipod
When you get down to it, understanding how to put songs on an iPod device isn't too difficult. Songs on iPod devices, however, don't come magically. All songs will need to be put on the device via iTunes. Check out the guide below to learn how to put songs, or any music, on an iPod device.
To put songs on iPod you will need:
- Computer Operating System (Mac OS X or Windows XP/Vista/7)
- Internet access
- iPod Connector Cable
- Boot up your computer and open your favorite web browser.
- Visit the Apple Store. Visit Apple's website and click on their iTunes section. iTunes is one of the top buttons on the navigable menu up top. From there, certify the email address and the language in which you intend to use iTunes in.
- Download iTunes. You will need the iTunes application to put those songs on iPod and/or iPhone devices. Click the "Download Now" button on Apple's website to begin. Once the installation file has downloaded, open it and follow the directions. Installing iTunes in the "Program Files" file of C:/ drive is the most common thing to do. Once the installation is complete, tell iTunes to make an icon on your desktop and open the program once the installation wizard closes.
- Connect your iPod. Use the iPod connector cable to connect your device to the computer. You can do this through the USB port on the side of most laptops/back of most desktops. Actually putting songs on iPod will come shortly, but you have to wait for the system to recognize your Apple device first.
- Add songs into your iTunes library. In order to upload songs on iPod devices you'll first need tracks in your iTunes library. This can be done simply by inserting a CD into the computer ands waiting for it to load. If you are not automatically prompted to import files to your library, simply click "File" and then "Add to Library" (or "Add File to Library" in Windows). Then, select the audio files to add to the library.
- Sync. Now it's time to "sync" your iTunes library and iPod together. Navigate to your iPod in the left-hand menu. From there click the big "Sync Now" button to get things going. Wait for the computer to say things are done. The songs on iPod devices connected to the computer will now be "synced" with your iTunes library.
Enjoy! You now have songs on your iPod or iPhone device. From now on, the computer should automatically recognize your hardware and put all the songs from your iTunes library on your iPod whenever you sync the two devices.