How To Put On A Surfboard Traction Pad
If your board needs a better grip, then learning how to put on a surfboard traction pad is something you may want to look into. Traction pads provide easier manipulation of the board when performing turns and other maneuvers. This is a good do-it-yourself project for those who want to customize the placement of the traction pads on their board. The instructions below explain how easy it can be to put a traction pad on a surfboard.
To put a traction pad on a surfboard, you will need:
- A surfboard
- Board-cleaning supplies
- Surfboard traction pads
- Remove the pads from their package. Take the traction pad pieces out of their packaging. Survey all pieces, paying close attention to their dimensions.
- Pre-position the traction pad pieces. Practice arranging the pads in the correct positioning on your board. Putting traction pads on your surfboard includes selecting the best location for each foot. A pencil can be used to trace locations during pre-positioning.
- Prep the surfboard. Thoroughly cleaning the board is the next step in putting on the traction pads. A clean surfboard provides a good surface for the application of the traction pad.
- Peel and apply. Peel the backing off the footing material. Apply the traction pads to the surfboard in the areas that you decided on in step two. You did it; the hard part is over!
- Wait. Completing the process of putting the traction pads on your surfboard includes waiting a full day before using the surfboard.