How To Put Tires On Rims
Want to know how to put tires on rims? Rims added to a car gives it unique personal look that can cause your car to stand out from the rest. Car rims come in a large variety of finishes and styles and can be purchase at budget price or in the thousands, depending on the the kind of car rims you desire. Keep in mind to choose the rims that will be best for you and the performance of your car. Adding rims to your car can be an easy task providing you have all the tools you need to do the job. For safety measures make sure your car is park on level ground and put your gear in park then put your emergency brakes on.
Things you will need to put tires on rims:
- New tire rims
- Jack stand
- Car jack
- Air compressor
- Socket wrench
- Crow bar
How to put tires on rims:
- Raise your car with the jack until the car is about one inch from the ground
- Loosen the lugs partially using a lug nut wrench turning counterclockwise, do this with each lug one at a time. Doing this is prevents pressure from being put on the lug nuts.
- Lift the tire completely up off the ground and place the jack stand securely under the car near the tire that is to be remove.
- Take lugs off completely and set them aside. Remove rim from the car using a crow bar. Pry evenly around the rim until the tire comes off.
- Install the new rim using a socket wrench you can use the new lugs that come with your new rims or use the old lugs.
- Sit rim on the car Begin screwing lugs evenly one at a time, using the lug wrench. Begin to screw the lugs two whole turns. do this to each lug until all are tightly evenly.
- Add air to to new tires, if necessary, using an air compressor, making sure to fellow the dealers standard requirements for air pressure.
- Repeat these steps with each rim.
- Check balance by driving slowly for about 5 minutes.