How To Put Your Gun Down In Halo 3
If you want to enjoy the game's wonderful scenery, you need to learn how to put your gun down in Halo 3. Halo 3 has some of the best environment graphics for any first-person shooter console game, but it can be kind of hard to enjoy them with your gun taking up the bottom of the screen. Master Chief, the main character in the Halo franchise, is a no-nonsense type of guy who normally solves his problems with his gun, so the game creators had little reason to allow you to put your gun down, as they probably figured you would always need it. There is a way, however, to put your gun down, only available in certain game modes. The complexity of the controller manipulation require to put your gun down, combined with the fact that you can't do it in a Halo 3 Xbox live match, points to the fact that this function may have never been intended for players to use. Regardless, if you want to run around a map with your gun down, just follow these quick steps.
- Start up a Halo 3 game in local or system link mode. You cannot put your gun down if you are playing a multiplayer game on Xbox Live.
- Press and hold the left and right bumpers.
- Press down on the directional pad and press in on the left analog stick. You should now have four buttons (well, three buttons and a stick) held down.
- Press and hold the "A" button.
- Keep all five buttons down for at least three seconds. You will see yourself jump up, and when you land you will put your gun down. The gun will stay down until you try to fire your weapon.