Knowing how to quit your job to get unemployment, is something you ought to ponder before you plan on quitting your job. You need to know what the requirements are to receive unemployment if you decide to quit or leave your place of work. See how it can be successfully done, by following the rules stated in the rest of this article.
- You better have a good reason. Unemployment benefits are not given out to people for frivolous reasons. You can't just quit a good job and then expect the government to pay you for it. They will ask for detailed information on why you left your job and it better meet their requirements or you will not receive it.
- Need to have worked on the same job for at least 6 months. Make sure that you stay on your job for 6 months. It is one of the requirements for receiving unemployment. This is a rule that is valid for most states if not all in the states.
- Benefits are given if you become sick. You have to be extremely ill to the point where you are not able to work at all. If you quit your job due to this reason then you will meet the requirements to receive unemployment benefits.
- Get unemployment due to a severe work injury. You can get unemployment due to a serious work accident or injury that leaves you unable to work. If you are in a situation like this go to your local unemployment office to get the necessary papers to fill out.
- Unemployment benefits can be obtained, after you leave the military. Sometimes you're squadron will decommission and will allow you to leave the military early, before your scheduled end date. If you make this decision to quit then you will still be able to receive unemployment when you become a civilian again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.