How To Race A Bicycle
Are you wondering how to race a bicycle? Racing a bike can be a fun event, especially if you win. Make sure to have your bicycle in top shape before suggesting a race to people. Allow enough time for others to make sure their bikes are in good condition.
- Gather opponents to race against. Determine the number of opponents you would like to race against. Ask each person if they would like to participate in the event.
- Set a date. Have everyone watch upcoming weather to make sure the date you set will be a sunny day with dry pavement to race a bicycle. Also set a start time so participants can arrive on time.
- Determine the starting point. The starting point will need to be wide enough to allow for all contestants to have a place at the starting line. You will also need to have a person with a flag to signal the start of the race.
- Determine the ending point. Make sure you have a person or people with a camera phone at the ending point to verify who won the bibcycle race.
- Map the race course. On a piece of paper draw the course with the starting and ending point plus the desired route for all contestants to travel. Make sure all participants agree with the desired course. Copy the paper so each contestant has a chance to study and memorize the route for the day of the bicycle race.
- Let friends and family know the race date and time. Having friends and family along the route to cheer the participants on will be a measure of determination.
- Offer a small token to the winner. If all participants agree to chip in a dollar or whatever, the winner can take home a token of the bicycle race.