If you want to learn how to re-upholster your Bayliner, here are some good tips for you. This re-upholstery task can be easy or difficult, depending on what part of the boat actually needs a redo. If we're talking the removable bench seats, this could be a piece of cake. If the rest of your Bayliner upholstery is shot, well, we're talking a whole other ballgame….but this is also doable.
Nothing looks as professional (or is as costly) as professional re-upholstery. Just keep that in mind before you attempt to re-upholster your Bayliner by yourself. A do-it-yourself job could end up being very satisfactory, however, and may be just the upgrade you need without breaking the bank.
To get started re-upholstering your Bayliner, here's what you'll need:
- Heavy duty staple gun
- Upholstery scissors
- Tape measure
- Faux leather fabric
- Using your screwdriver, carefully remove the bench seat from your Bayliner, being careful not to lose any screws.
- Measure the seat, including the part that's folded underneath. Measure twice.
- Take your faux leather fabric, measure and cut to the same dimensions. Don't be skimpy here. It's better to have a larger piece than what's needed. You can always cut off the excess later.
- Lay the bench seat upside down on top of the faux leather fabric. Wrap the seat like a package, with all seams hidden on the underside of the seat.
- Using your staple gun, begin stapling all around the underside of the Bayliner bench seat, leaving the corners for last. Your staples should be approximately one inch from the edge. Be generous with your staples. Pull the fabric taut. You don't want any loose fabric when it's done.
- Gather the fabric on the corner edges of the seat. This should not be done like wrapping a present. Rather, you will want to gently gather the fabric so that there is no definite fold appearing when it is finished. Staple the corners down.
- Cut away any excess fabric. Leave a decent margin, about 1/2 inch from the staples.
Using your screwdriver, replace the bench seats. That wasn't so hard, was it?
Your re-upholstered Bayliner bench seat should now look as good as new. The faux leather will be highly water resistant. The extra cushioning from your added fabric will feel comfortable. Note, that these directions do not include taking off the old fabric. This is a tedious, usually unnecessary task that will probably not yield any better results.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."